Ir para o conteúdo principal

Teaching After The VB-MAPP Discussion

Teaching After The VB-MAPP Discussion
por Liz Maher -
Número de respostas: 4

Discuss all things regarding the Teaching after the VB-MAPP Course - Please feel free to post questions. Participating in the forum is not mandatory, and is just a way to create a supportive community for amazing people who love our learners with special needs. 

Do NOT post any learner personal health information (PHI) in this Forum as it is publicly visible!

Em resposta à Liz Maher
Re: Teaching After The VB-MAPP Discussion
por Marwa Awad -
I would like to know how can I make objectives goals from the main goal on recommended IEP at the end of the assessment?
Em resposta à Marwa Awad
por Liz Maher -
Great question! I always remember the acronym SMART when thinking about objectives: ensure that the learning objectives are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART).
Em resposta à Liz Maher
por Tan Sohal -
How do you explain the purpose of the VB-MAPP to parents and caregivers in a way that is clear and concise?
Em resposta à Tan Sohal
por Data MTD -
It is important to explain it using clear language. Something that might work could look like:

"The VB-MAPP is like a guide that helps us understand where your child is with their communication and social skills. It's a bit like a roadmap that shows us what they can do already, like making requests or understanding words, and highlights areas where they might need a bit more support. By using this tool, we can tailor our teaching to suit your child's unique needs, making sure they get the right kind of help to continue growing and developing. It's all about finding the best ways to support your child's journey and celebrate their progress."

As a BCBA, it's important to use simple, clear language when explaining the VB-MAPP to parents and caregivers. The simpler the explanation, the easier it is for them to grasp the concepts, which helps them support their child's development more effectively.